Public Services Level 3 Extended Diploma at Hull College Group
Forensics? Criminology? Law? Police? Customs and Excise? Armed Forces? Fire Service? Paramedic? Prison Service? University?
Level 3 Public Services needs YOU.
During the course you will participate in various classroom activities such as planning and solving a major incident, leading a team in an activity of your choice, turning the
classroom into a court-room and acting out a political debate; as well as outdoor adventurous activities.
You will also improve your physical fitness in preparation for employment and participate in relevant work experience.
- Government Policies
- Leadership & Team Work
- Citizenship & Diversity
- Understanding Discipline
- Physical Preparation
- Crime and its effects
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- The Planning for and Management of Major Incidents
- International Institutions and Human Rights
- Understand the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism
- Skills for Land Based, Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Police Powers in the Public Services
- Aspects of the Legal System and Criminal Justice Systems
- Practical Team Sports and Fitness Testing
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning
- Communication and Technology in the Uniformed Public Services
4 GCSEs at grades C and above , including English and Maths or L2 Diploma at merit/distinction
Students have the opportunity to participate in local and national, day and residential visits and will be expected to contribute towards the cost. Some of the visits are an essential part of the course.
Entry to one of the public services e.g. the Police, Prison Service, Armed forces, Probation Service, Security, Customs and Excise, Coastguards, Fire and Ambulance Services.
Progresssion onto an associated Degree or Foundation Degree course at Hull College (Foundation Degree Crime and Community Safety) or other HE institutions in Criminology/Law etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.