Level 3 Professional Cookery Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
This apprenticeship will develop a greater depth of various hospitality skills within both practical and theory.
It is ideal for students who both enjoy and want to establish a career in the catering and hospitality industry working in a role of Sous/Senior Chefs, working in fine/casual dining settings, as a Pastry Chef or as a Sous/Senior Chef in Craft Cuisine.
In order to achieve a full Apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 18 to 24 months.
This consists of sector related industry qualifications:
Competence qualifications available to this pathway
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare, cook and finish fish for complex dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish shellfish for complex dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish meat for complex dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish poultry for complex dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish games for complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish complex soups
- Prepare, cook and finish complex fresh pasta dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
- Prepare, process and finish complex chocolate products
- Prepare, cook and finish marzipan, pastillage and sugar products
- Prepare, cook and present complex cold dishes
- Prepare, finish and present canapes and cocktail products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex dressings and cold sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts
- Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts
- Produce healthier dishes
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Contribute to the development of recipes and menus
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
The Optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role
Knowledge qualifications available to this pathway
Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) - QCF
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. At least a level 2 in Professional cookery is essential and GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a catering establishment.
A wide range of assessment methods are used both in the classroom environment and workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies or alternatively you can complete the online application form or e-mail a copy of your cv to the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.