Business Studies AS at Ysgol Y Strade
You will be studying a range of concepts such as:
- How does technology affect business activity?
- How do employers motivate their employees?
- Why a marketing plan is of vital importance to a business?
- What is the ‘Credit Crunch’ and how can businesses in the UK and internationally overcome the economic turmoil.
You will also be learning a range of practical business skills such as:
- Analysing the financial performance of businesses and how to deal with financial accounting such as the Balance Sheet, Profit and loss, and other budgeting accounts.
- The basis for business decision making.
- Investigating the reasons why businesses achieve growth and how they go about achieving their desired growth.
BS1: The Business Framework
BS2: Business Functions
The course is available to all, including pupils who have no prior experience of Business Studies at key stage 4, although it is expected that each applicant has 5 GCSE grades between A*-C.
BS1: Written Examination 1hr 45 min
BS2: Written Examination 1hr 45 min
- Pupils will learn about a variety of topics, ranging from marketing and finance to business objectives and Human Resource Management.
- Develop an understanding of workplace skills to prepare for future employment.
- Enhance your knowledge of Business and Economic activity and its effect on Businesses.
Examining Body: WJEC
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Y Strade directly.