Hairdressing (VRQ) L2 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is designed for students seeking a career in hairdressing. All aspects of hairdressing are covered within this course. You will do practical sessions in our own salons, as well as studying theory. You will be here at least one evening per week.
To achieve this qualification you must complete the following units:
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health & safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and the organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Shampoo and condition treating hair and scalp
- Style and finish set and dress hair
- Change hair colour
- Promote additional services
- Create an image
A good standard of general education is essential:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A* -E (typically including English or Maths) or you may be able to progress after successful completion of the NVQ/VRQ Level 1 Hairdressing, with appropriate English and Maths.
There are no final examinations on the course; all work is continually assessed by means of oral, written and practical assessments. A portfolio of evidence will also be produced throughout the course.
On successful completion of Level 2 with Maths and English, you could progress onto the Level 3 Diploma Hairdressing (VRQ) course or into employment within the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.