Plumbing & Heating NVQ Level 3 Diploma at Kendal College
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating is for candidates who want to work within the mechanical engineering services sector and wish to progress as a qualified plumber or heating engineer.
Level 3 is ideal if you are working within the plumbing and heating trade and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring that work meets the required standard. -
During your study you will cover a range of knowledge and skills across areas including domestic hot and cold water systems, central heating systems, sanitation systems, environmental technologies and matters of gas safety.
This qualification comprises of mandatory units, including:
- Understand and carry out electrical work on domestic plumbing and heating systems and components.
- Service and maintain domestic oil firing pressure jet appliances.
- Install, commission and handover ‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems.
- Know the requirements to install, commission and handover rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems.
Learners are required to demonstrate the ability to perform the necessary skills and the knowledge required to be assessed against the National Occupational Standards.
Our qualifications can lead directly into employment, offering learners the chance to develop their skills and knowledge to a high standard recognised by the industry.
These qualifications can help you to progress in a wide range of roles within the domestic plumbing and heating sector, including:
- Heating and ventilation engineer
- Specialised craftsperson (plumber or heating engineer)
- Project development manager
- Senior skilled operative.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kendal College directly.