LEVEL 3 NATIONAL SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN CONSTRUCTION AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT at Selby College
This course will give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills needed in preparation for employment at technician level within the Construction or Civil Engineering industries.
Units to be studied will include;
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Building Technology in Construction
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
Students will be given the option to attend a CSCS card test at an additional cost of £40 to allow them to gain access to construction sites and possible work placement opportunities.
Standard Level 3 entry requirements apply. For this course you must also have GCSE at Grade 4 or above in Science or you will have completed a Level 2 Diploma in a related subject along with GCSE Grade 4 in Maths and English. If you have completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Construction you will have the necessary entry requirements for this course.
On successful completion you will be in a good position to enter the workplace or a relevant Apprenticeship, or a Higher Education programme of study.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.