Motor Vehicle Inspection Diploma at Helston Community College
This is designed for those students who want to work in the vehicle maintenance industry. The level 2 qualifi cation covers the technical needs for todays motor vehicle repair industry, including the diagnosis of non-complex system faults.
It is a learning programme which involves students studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Carrying Out Routine Vehicle Maintenance
- Removing and Replacing: Engine units and components, including engine management systems & diagnosis
- Electrical auxiliary units and components
- Chassis units and components including Brake systems, Steering and suspension geometry
- Health & safety, working with others, housekeeping and garage structures and responsibilities
Students also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
No formal qualifi cations but good literacyand numeracy skills are essential. You will be working and training in a garage so good time-keeping, attendance and strong commitment to the course is imperative.
To gain the award candidates have to be successful in all units, but each unit is accredited and on a separate basis. Candidates will also pass an independent health and safety test. Work based evidence from work experience (witness statements and work diaries).
An important feature of the Diploma is that it provides a progression route towards achieving a National Vocational Qualifi cation (NQ) at Level 2 and Level 3 or employment in this skill shortage area.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Helston Community College directly.