Introductory Dog Grooming City & Guilds (NPTC) Certificate Level 3 at Duchy College
The City and Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Introductory Dog Grooming is a course for those who have already achieved the City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants or the Level 2 College Certificate in Dog Grooming, or for those who already have a high level of experience within the dog grooming industry, wishing to gain a nationally-recognised qualification.
- Carry out the styling and finishing of dogs
- Assessment and planning of dog grooming work
- Promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of animals
- Health checking a dog by a dog groomer
There are also a number of optional units:
- Welcome, receive and care for visitors
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security
- Moving animals between locations
- Handle payments from clients
- Keep stock to required levels in the retail environment.
You will need to be working within the dog grooming industry (either as a volunteer or in paid employment) to enable you to practise the grooming skills on a range of dog breeds with different coat types. You also need to have a good level of literacy to enable you to complete the assignment work and written exams.
The Level 3 Certificate for Introductory Dog Grooming will give you the skills to work in the grooming industry and possibly set up your own business.
You can progress onto the Level 3 Diploma for Professional Dog Stylists which would require a further 100 hours of study at College plus a substantial amount of practical experience in industry to enable you to pass the practical examinations. The Level 3 Diploma gives you tuition and experience in hand-stripping and also styling and trimming of spaniels, short and long-legged terriers, Schnauzers and poodles to show standards. There are additional fees for undertaking the externally set Practical Examinations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Duchy College directly.