Plumbing Intermediate Level Apprenticeship at Wirral Metropolitan College
This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment within Plumbing, to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
This Apprenticeship covers training in a range of plumbing systems, components and their installation.
Plumbing is a key part of the UK's construction Industry and is a highly competitive field that employs craftspeople and technicians.
- Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating (C&G 6189)
- Functional Skills at L2 English & Mathematics
- Functional Skills at L1 ICT
- Knowledge Element = Need to complete14 credits
- Competence Element = Need to complete 62 credits
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Candidates who already have a qualification at Level 4 or higher are not eligible.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
On successful completion of the Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Plumbing, an apprentice will have the skills, knowledge and qualifications to:
- Progress to learning and assessment programmes that lead to relevant Level 3
- qualifications and/or Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Domestic Plumbing and Heating
- Progress in their career with further training into such job roles as Technician, Designer
- Estimator, Project Manager, Site/Workshop Supervisor/Manager, Chartered Engineer,
- Sales Engineer or Commercial Manager
- Also whilst this sector doesn't currently have a 'License to Practice
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.