Marine Engineering - Level 3 at South Devon College
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering is a direct progression from the intermediate apprenticeship. The Advanced apprenticeship will take two years to complete. In the first year, the apprentice will attend college at Noss Marine Academy for two days per week. During these two days, the apprentice will learn advanced engineering skills, testing and diagnotics and general boating skills. At this level, marine engineering apprentices are expected to be able to conduct routine servicing, maintenance and engine removal unassisted. Once completed, graduates go on to work as qualified marine engineers in boatyards, marinas and engineering companies.
What will I learn?
- Diagnostic testing of engines and mechanical equipment
- Installation of engines
- Installation of ancillary equipment
- removal of yacht and boat electrical equipment
- servicing and repairing marine engines
- routine servicing of electrical equipment
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You must have completed an appropriate vocational qualification at Level 2
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.