Beauty Therapy City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 at Doncaster College
As well as achieving a nationally recognised qualification in beauty therapy you will also develop skills and achieve qualifications in English, Maths and Customer Care. Training will take place in our well equipped, modern salons, with instruction from our team of highly skilled, qualified and supportive tutors.
You will be taught through a combination of classroom and salon activities and will complete written and practical work. You will learn practical treatments by working on your classmates, before moving on to work on paying clients in our real life working salon.
You will cover the following units:
- Ensure responsibility to reduce risks to health and safety
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care treatments
- Enhance the appearance of eye brows and lashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Provide make up services
- Customer Service
- Students who have not already achieved GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above will also work towards achieving these as part of their programme
- 1 GCSE grade C or above in maths or English
- Initial assessment score of level 1 in both English & Maths
- Adult learners who do not hold any formal qualifications must achieve an initial assessment score of Level 1 or above in English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Strong interest in beauty therapy
- Smart appearance
Assessment will include practical observations on paying clients, written assignments, computer based tests and building portfolio of evidence.
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform, details of which will be provided at interview.
- Level 3 Body & Spa Therapies
- Level 3 Hair & Media Make-up
- Complementary Therapies Level 3 Diploma
This qualification will provide opportunities to gain employment as an beauty therapist in many locations including beauty salons, spa resorts and health farms.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.