Business BTEC National Level 3 Certificate & Extended Certificate at Heaton Manor School
The new BTEC National in Business combines up to date industry knowledge with the right balance of practical, research and study skills students need to succeed in higher education and other careers.
The course has been developed by employers and educators to ensure that students will “hit the ground running” when they move on to the next stage of their lives, whether that’s in to further study or employment.
The Certificate is a one year course equivalent to AS Level and the Extended Certificate is a two year course equivalent to A2. The course includes a mixture of mandatory content and a range of bespoke units to equip learners with the skills they need in the workplace or specialist higher education courses
The new BTEC National in Business uses a combination of assessment styles to give students the confidence to apply their knowledge to succeed in the workplace – and have the study skills to continue learning on higher education courses and throughout their career.
This range of vocational assessments showcase their learning and achievements to best effect when they take their next step.
Level 2 BTEC Business/IT (Pass) or C grade in GCSE Business/IT. Grade C/D in GCSE Maths and English.
The Certificate has two units of study over one year:
1. Developing a Marketing Campaign which is an exam board set and marked controlled assessment. It is a practical task to create a marketing campaign for a given product or service which draws on
2. Exploring Business which is a coursework module
The Extended Certificate has four units of study over two years:
1. Developing a Marketing Campaign which is an exam board set and marked controlled assessment. It is a practical task to create a marketing campaign for a given product or service which draws on pre-released information.
2. Exploring Business which is a coursework module.
3. Personal and Business Finance which is an external exam.
4. Recruitment and Selection Process which is a coursework module.
The BTEC awards are designed to provide a progression route to higher education and further training for employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heaton Manor School directly.