Business - BTEC Extended Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship level 3 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
Do you want to set up your own business? Then this level 3 BTEC is for you! Within a maximum of two years you'll set-up and run your own micro-business.
We will teach you to manage the day-to-day but tricky challenges of business, such as supply chain management, customer communication, financial control, future growth planning and performance analysis.
As well as running your business you will have a four-week work placement, where you will be given a project to manage and will develop your employability skills.
You will study the following 10 mandatory units:
- The Innovative Entrepreneur
- The aim of this unit is for you to explore how entrepreneurs use new ideas and to enable you to develop as an entrepreneur.
- Business Planning and Pitching
- This unit aims to enable you to develop a professionally-presented business plan for a micro start up business.
- Financial Planning and Implementation
- The aim of this unit is to enable you to gain the skills and knowledge to prepare and use simple business budgets and accounts, and to explore sources of funding and advice.
- Launching your Business Vision
- The aim of this unit is to enable you to develop values and ethics, develop a supply chain, and bring a product to market using key project management techniques.
- Monitoring the Performance of your Business
- This unit aims to equip you with the skills necessary to monitor a newly opened microbusiness or social enterprise, and to meet customer requirements.
- Operating your Business
- This unit aims to enable you to manage a microbusiness or social enterprise on an on-going basis, including reacting to change in the environment, time management and networking.
- Planning the Future Strategy of your Business
- The aim of this unit is to enable you to assess the potential of their microbusiness or social enterprise for growth and to develop the knowledge and skills needed to expand the enterprise.
- Leadership and Teamwork
- The aim of this unit is for you to develop the skills and knowledge for team leading and how this impacts on the success of team work, and be able to practise these skills working in team situations both as a team member and team leader.
- Market Research and Analysis
- The aim of this unit is to enable you to conduct detailed market research into a specific marketplace.
- Brand Development and Promotion
- The aim of this unit is to enable you to gain an understanding of the impact of the economy and financial markets on business enterprise.
You will study 7-8 optional units including:
- Working as an Entrepreneur
- E-marketing and Website Design
- Social Enterprise
- Managing a Business Event
- Understand Retail
- Relationship Marketing
- Business Project Management
• Group presentations
• Written assessments
• Group activities
Past graduates have chosen to:
- Continue to run and expand their business
- Progress to the Higher Apprenticeship in Innovation and Growth
- Enter employment
- Attend University
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.