Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMI Level 3 Diploma at Carshalton College
This level 3 qualification covers the technical needs for today's motor vehicle repair industry including the diagnosis of complex system faults. It provides essential knowledge for service technicians working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots.
It is a learning programme which involves students studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Advanced Chassis Technology
- Advanced Engine Technology
- Advanced Transmission Technology
- Advanced Electrical and Electronic Technology
Students also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
- Motor Vehicle Practical
- Motor Vehicle Theory
- Functional Skills at Level 2
GCSE Grade D in both Maths and English, or working at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy. You will have successfully completed a Level 2 Motor Vehicle qualification.
You will be asked to demonstrate your commitment and skills in an interview and short assessment. We also require:
- 85% Attendance
- Successful completion of current Motor Vehicle course
- A minimum of 3 Merit grades is required from the following online exams: Chassis, Engine, Electrical Transmission, Servicing and Vehicle Inspection.
- Good behaviour and punctuality is required and a reference will be sought from your current course tutor.
- Observation of practical work
- Written Assessments
- Oral Assessment
- On-line Computer Examinations
Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds.
IMI Level 3 NVQ in Maintenance and Repair or an Advanced Apprenticeship programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.