Information Technology (IT) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma / Diploma / Subsidiary Diploma at Lowestoft Sixth Form College
Interested in game design, game creation, animation, graphics and webpage design?
Want to know more about programming, spreadsheets and online businesses?
If you are looking for an advanced course that will give you the opportunity to study a wide range of IT topics, then the BTEC Level 3 course in IT could be for you. The course will last two years and will provide you with a broad understanding of a range of IT topics and mobile technologies.
The BTEC Level 3 course allows students to take a truly practical ICT course. Students will experience a very ‘hands on’, creative course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. The course will enable you to find out:
- How hardware inside the machine actually works and what it’s like to install and maintain software, how to put a PC together and how operating systems work
- How to create an animation for a website business
- How businesses can take advantage of technology and recent innovations and what the implications of installing a new computer system are for a business
- How to manage the security of data and avoid and detect computer crime
- How to design and write a computer programme and make sure programmes are user friendly and how to design, build and maintain a website
- How to design and build a computer game and how to create an animated scene using a digital camera and computer software.
We Offer Three Different Pathways:
- 6 units: Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (equivalent to one A Level)
- 12 units: Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma (equivalent to two A Levels)
- 18 units: Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (equivalent to three A Levels)
Four A*-Cs at GCSE or a Merit in a full Level 2 BTEC Diploma. If you want to add an A Level with your BTEC, you will need to meet the entry criteria for four A Levels.
You will find that your career opportunities are wide and varied ranging from technical support, installation of equipment, software design, network management, systems analysis and project management. Other career areas such as science, engineering, transport planning, music and the arts, film and television, all call on ICT.
Not only will you benefit from outstanding teaching from experienced staff using modern state-of-the-art facilities. In addition, there will be opportunities for trips and visits in the UK and collaborative work with local universities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft Sixth Form College directly.