Foundation in Land-based Studies Level 1 at Capel Manor College
This course will provide you with the required introductory knowledge about the arboriculture and countryside industry. You will gain the required practical skills for working with natural habitats, building countryside structures and look at employment opportunities in the industry.
The course is ideal for young people who prefer practical learning and adults who are looking for a new career. The support and guidance received on this course will help build your confidence and enable progression to the next level.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 2 GCSEs or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- enthusiasm for working outdoors
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- an Outdoor Adventure Diploma (Level 2), Countryside Management Diploma (Level 2) or an Arboriculture and Forestry Diploma (Level 2)
- an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Trees and Timber (Level 2)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.