Professional Cookery Advanced Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
Normally you will already have either at least nine months experience working in the catering industry or have completed an Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery or Food Production and Cooking.
The programme is made up of two main qualifications – an NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery and a Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles, with units covering:
- Team working and supervisory leadership
- Planning and producing healthy eating
- Prepare, cook and finish complex dishes including fish and shellfish, poultry, meat, game, hot and cold sauces, bread and dough, pasta, hot and cold desserts, canapés, cakes and pastries and patisserie.
- Developing recipes and menus
- Health, safety and security of the working environment including food safety and hygiene practices
- Cost menus, manage suppliers and making sourcing decisions
This Apprenticeship has been designed to enable students to progress directly into employment in the industry as a chef/senior chef. This course will also suit existing chefs wishing to gain a qualification that will enhance their career prospects or to progress onto further study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.