Dance and Movement AS/A2 Level at St Philip Howard Catholic High School
Dance AS and A2 will suit you if you:
• have a genuine interest in performance and choreography
• are willing to participate in performance, develop your own choreographic devices and be involved in discussion regarding professional works
• wish to develop your analytical and evaluative skills
• enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
• wish to analyse the choreography and performance of at least 5 professional works
First year (AS)
• Unit 1: Understanding the theory of Dance
• Unit 2: Choreography and Performance
Second year (A2)
• Unit 3: Dance appreciation
• Unit 4: Group choreography and solo performance
The specification aims to enable students to:
• Develop their knowledge and understanding of the demands made in practice and performance of the dancer
• Understand the process and craft of choreography including their own work and that of professional repertoire
• Understand the process of solo choreography from investigation and research of ideas, through to outcome.
• Understand the development of physical and interpretive skills in relation to performance within a duo or trio.
B grade in Dance at GCSE is recommended
AS: 40% Exam based; 60% Practical based; A2: 45% Exam based; 55% Practical based.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philip Howard Catholic High School directly.