Geography A-Level at Baxter College
Do you have an interest in the World and how it is constantly changing then Geography is for you! The world in which we live is likely to change more in the next 50 years than it has ever done before. Geography explains why and helps to prepare you for those
The course will appeal to those students who are interested in
- The issues which affect people and the places they live in
- How towns and cities are changing and why
- How people are affecting the environment we all live in
- Natural hazards and rivers.
- Who enjoy travel and finding out about new people, places and landscapes
- Enjoy a subject that is relevant to their lives and experiences
- Want the opportunity to do fieldwork as well as classwork
Content Units of Study
If you decide to study Geography at BW6 you will develop your knowledge of the world around us
During the course you will cover Physical and Human Geography. The possible topics you will study are -
- Rivers - Rivers, floods and management
- Coasts - Coastal environments
- Population - Global Population Change
- Health issues
- World Conflicts - Cities
- Earthquakes - Tectonics and associated hazards
Learning outside is a VITAL part of the course at BW6 so fieldwork will be competed in Year 12 and 13.
You may already be thinking ahead to potential university and career choices so it is worth bearing in mind that Geography is a broad based subject that really fits well for your future progression. Some possible careers are:
- Sustainability and green issues
- Natural hazard analyst
- Crime Analyst
- Social worker
To study Geography at BW6 then it will be an advantage if you have studied Geography at GCSE and have English at grade C.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baxter College directly.