Drama and Theatre Studies at Stanground Academy
Are you a performer? Do you want to explore ways of communicating? Do you enjoy analysing texts practically?
You will study the history of theatre, influential practitioners, contemporary theatre companies and will also visit theatres to watch live performances.
Over the course you will study:
– Performance by a group of an extract from a published play. The assessment also includes your preparatory and development work and supporting notes.
– Live theatre performance – writing about live theatre.
Units covered in year 2
– Further prescribed plays including
–Performance of scripted drama in the style of a practitioner. The assessment also includes your preparatory and development work and supporting notes
5 + A* to B grades at GCSE including grade 5 or above in English.
Live theatre evaluation, study of two prescribed play analysis. 40%
– 3 hour written paper.
– Presentation of devised and scripted drama
- Practical performance. 60%
This course will not only enable you to go onto further education in the arts or literature but it will equip you with the skills and confidence to embark on any course or career.
This subject combines well with English language and literature, dance and music, as well as other arts subjects.as
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stanground Academy directly.