Advanced Level 3 Diploma Make-up Artistry at Bournville College
This course provides you with the skills to enter into employment as an advanced make-up artist. This industry is dynamic and fast paced with the opportunity to work on film and television sets as well as fashion and catwalk events.
Make-up Artistry Level 3 Diploma is taught at our campus in Longbridge, Birmingham.
You will study units such as prosthetics and bald caps, camouflage make-up, face and body art and air brush make-up.
ENGLISH AND MATHS
In order for you to compete in today’s labour market, it is vital that you achieve a good level of English and maths. You will continue to develop your English and maths skills alongside your main qualification. If you have not achieved a Grade C in English and maths you will study these through resits or taking Functional Skills/GCSE appropriate to you.
So why do you need maths and English to become a successful make-up artist!
- High quality speaking and listening to communicate effectively with clients and employers
- Good written skills for preparing your CV
- Speaking and written skills to provide outstanding customer service
- Good reading to skills to ensure design brief is met.
- Ratios to mix tones of make-up and airbrush products
- Addition and subtraction to calculate profit and loss forecasts and manage stock and budget requirements effectively
- Calculate working and travelling costs to ensure profit
Level 2 Diploma in hair and Media Make-up and a successful interview. Grade C or above in maths and English. An artistic flare is advantageous.
You will be assessed through practical observations and assignments/exams. Your practical assessments will be graded.
Upon successful completion of this course there is opportunity to progress into employment or study at level 4/5 at University.
If you are interested in studying this course please contact the Advice Zone on 0121 477 1300
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.