Beauty Therapy Advanced Level Apprenticeship at Wirral Metropolitan College
This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment within Beauty Therapy, to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
This apprenticeship will cover advanced beauty therapy treatments and will build on a lot of the practical and theoretical skills obtained during level 2. You will study treatments such as body massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage, hot stone therapy, and facial electrical treatments. You will also study more advanced anatomy & physiology and beauty theory to underpin the practical skills you will be studying.
Communication and dealing directly with clients and the general public is a very important part of the programme, and you will be expected to have a smart and professional appearance at all times. You will spend a lot of time on your feet and will require a lot of stamina to carry out the treatments you will be learning.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy - massage (Competence Based Element incorporating underpinning knowledge)
- Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 2
- Functional Skills in English at Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) delivered, demonstrated and assessed within Diploma
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Candidates who already have a qualification at Level 4 or higher are not eligible.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
- The ability to build own client base within a salon
- Career progression - working towards becoming a senior beauty therapist, L4 salon management or Foundation degree in Complementary Therapies
Enhancements & enrichment:
Opportunities to enter competitions, visit Olympia & Blackpool hair show, attend technical workshops with Wella, and mentor new trainees.
The course length is dependent on experience, capability, commitment and qualifications previously obtained. The duration of the programme is 24 months.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.