Economics A-Level at Rooks Heath High School
Economics is a highly popular and well regarded subject by higher education. It’s not surprising that the current leaders of the Conservative, Labour and SNP parties along with the Governor of the Bank of England all went on to study economies at university.
If you ask yourself:
- Should the UK be a trillion pounds in debt?
- Who pays for our debt?
- How does paying back our debt affect our standard of living?
- Why does China grow 8-10% every year whilst Europe goes into recession?
- Does it matter that we prefer to buy imports rather than ‘buy British’?
- Is it to our advantage to be part of the European Union?
- Will Europe remain our biggest trade partner over the next decade or should we look towards Asia and South America?
- Does it matter that one day a pound buys two dollars but on another buys only one dollar and fifty cents?
6 or more GCSEs at grade C and above (including Maths and English Language)
Employment opportunities, where economics skills are particularly valued, include business management and consultancy, banking, finance, investment, politics, corporate law, media, marketing and journalism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rooks Heath High School directly.