Horse Management - Level 3 Extended Diploma at Easton & Otley College
It will provide students with comprehensive training in all aspects of the horse industry.
Students will participate in riding activities including dressage, show-jumping and riding on the road.
Carries the same UCAS points weighting and is equivalent to studying 3 A Levels.
- Animal Health
- Work Related Experience in Landbased Industries
- Horse Tack and Equipment
- Animal Feeding
- Preparation of Horses for Presentation
- Stable and Yard Management
- Principles of Animal Biology
- Animal Anatomy and Physiology
- Principles of Horse Behaviour and Welfare
- Working Horses from the Ground
- Principles of Horse Fitness
- Principles of Horse Rehabilitation and Therapy
- Riding and Exercising Horses
- Principles of Animal Nutrition
- Riding Horses on the Flat
- Riding Horses over Fences
- Principles of Equitation
- Investigative Project in the Landbased Sector
- Equestrian Teaching
- Managing an Equine Event
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C (to include Science and English)
- or Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care (Merit profile overall)
- or Extended Certificate in Horse Care (Merit profile overall plus 2 GCSEs Grades A-C).
- Other Level 2 qualifications are accepted and must be at merit profile plus Science and English at Grade A-C. There is a riding assessment.
- Foundation degree in Equine Management (Easton Campus)
- BSc Honours degree Equitation and Coaching (Easton Campus)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.