Hairdressing Advanced Apprenticeship - NVQ Level 3 at Consortia Training
Established hairdressers who are operating a column of work and posses an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, or who have significant salon experience working as a stylist. Applicants should also have a high level of commitment and enthusiasm to succeed within the industry and be able to take responsibility to oversee promotional or improvement strategies.Benefits:
Learners will have the advantage of learning and working in a real hairdressing environment. They will be developing their confidence and skills at a supervisory level. Employers will have their trainees where they need them – in the salon. The qualification will enable the salon to raise its profile and offer a higher level of service.
Work Based Learners: Attend the GeTaHead centre just for their theory once a month. All the practical training is delivered in the work place.
Day Release learners: Attend a GeTaHead Training Centre for practical & theory one day a week.
Supported Day Release learners : Attend a GeTaHead Training Centre for practical and theory every fortnight or month. Some practical is delivered by GeTaHead & other areas are delivered by the salon. The frequency is agreed between the salon and GeTaHead.
Learners will acquire the knowledge and understanding of the mandatory units (21 credits):
- G22 Safely Control Work Operations
- G18 Promoting Services & Products
- G21 Hairdressing Consultations
- GH16 Cutting Techniques
- GH17 Colour hair using a variety of techniques (12 credits)
- GH18 Provide Colour Correction Services(13 credits)
- GH19 Creatively Style & Dress Hair(4 credits)
- GH20 Creatively Style& Dress Long Hair(5 credits)
- GH21 Develop & Enhance creative hairdressing skills(5 credits)
- GH22 Create a variety of permed effects (8 credits)
- G11 Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business(4 credits)
- G19 Support Customer Service Improvements(5 credits)
- H32 Contribute to the planning & implementation of promotional activities(5 credits)
- 3 hour induction at a GeTaHead Training Centre.
- Monthly attendance at a training centre of your choice for theory (up to 4 hours).
- Fortnightly salon visits by a GeTaHead Trainer or
- Monthly salon visits by a GeTaHead Trainer (if a qualified work-based assessor is em-ployed in the salon or you attend practical at a GeTaHead Centre).
This course is designed for established hairdressers with:
- NVQ level 2 (or equivalent), or significant hairdressing experience/ skills
- Over 16 hours work in their salon per week, normally 30+ hours are expected.
- Adequate access to models
- Agreed ability to access the chosen units for assessment requirements.
- Employer commitment to support the delivery of the training programme and release the learner for the theory aspects of the programme.
- Level 1 or above obtained in English and Maths initial assessment tests.
- Commitment to purchase necessary tools, equipment and learning materials.
- Commitment to complete private study of 2 – 4 hours in learner’s own time.
- City and Guilds
The course will also include: Building PERSONAL LEARNING AND THINKING SKILLS, such as self management, independent thinking, team working, creative thinking effective participation, and reflection.FUNCTIONAL SKILLS of English and Maths (unless there is evidence of prior qualifications) and EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Assessment may be in the salon or at training centre and will include:
- Observation of practical skills
- Oral questioning
- Written tests
- Written assignments
- A portfolio of evidence as required by the awarding body
- Assignment and tests for the key skills programme (dependent on prior qualifications).
- Cost of textbook is approximately £35.00
- All registration and certification costs are covered by GeTaHead Training.
- The course is Government funded so there is no charge. 16 – 18 year olds are automatically funded. 19+ learners are advised to check with GeTaHead to ensure that funding is available.
This course will prepare you to progress to the level 4 in hairdressing and/or Salon Management , (Foundation Degree). It will enable you to become senior stylist status in a salon or move into management, technician or employer status or many more careers
Location of Training:
- Theory delivered in a GeTaHead Training Centre either at Newark, Retford or Worksop.
- Practical training will be delivered in the learner’s own salon by the salon or at GeTaHead Centre at Newark or Retford.
- Practical and oral assessment delivered in the learner’s own salon (by GeTaHead Train-ing, unless the salon has a qualified work based assessor) or at a GeTaHead Centre.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Consortia Training directly.