Foundation in Outdoor Industries Level 1-BTEC Level 1 at UKSA
The academic qualification gained on this course- Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure is made up of several units. Core units provide a general foundation and specialist units introduce learners to particular topics in more depth.
Alongside your academic qualifications you will also undertake RYA and BCU personal ability awards.
Relevant industry visits and work experience are also organised as a requirement of your course.
- Referral by Isle of Wight College’s student services team
- Connexions referral
- Successful interview
- Those seeking to develop greater independence
- Those who have not yet achieved accredited qualifications
In addition to these essential requirements you will need to:
- be able to work towards a good attendance record;
- undertake related work experience;
- develop good interpersonal skills;
- develop your ability to work with others; and
- show an ongoing commitment to or interest in a career in outdoor pursuits (watersports);
- have a positive attitude.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact UKSA directly.