Drama and Theatre Studies GCE A Level (Cheadle Campus) at Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College
Drama and Theatre Studies integrates theory and practice, offering a range of opportunities to develop drama and theatre skills creatively and imaginatively.
A Level (year two)
Unit Three Unit Three requires you to work as a group to create a piece of devised theatre, which you will need to research and evaluate.
Unit Four In Unit Four you will study a historical set text, which you approach from the viewpoint of a director. You will also attend a production of a play from another historical period, which you will compare with its original performance conditions
• Grade B or above in GCSE English
• Grade B or above in GCSE Drama or Performing/Expressive Arts (if you have not had the opportunity to take these to GCSE you should have had experience of performing in school plays or elsewhere)
• A willingness to participate in practical Drama work
• A commitment to out-of-hours rehearsals
• A real passion for Drama
Your coursework, both practical and written, will be marked by your teacher, and moderated by the exam board. The Unit Two performances are marked by a visiting examiner. Unit Four consists of a written examination.
• Numerous theatre trips, to Manchester, Stratford and occasionally to London (costs involved)
• High pass rate – 100% at Marple
• Opportunities to get involved in college productions
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.