Bench Joinery City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Weymouth College
This course is for those who work or want to work as a Bench Joiner in the construction sector. It allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bench Joinery and covers the following skills: Set up and operate a circular saw, produce setting out details for bench joinery products, mark out from setting out details for bench joinery products and manufacture bench joinery products.
You must achieve the six mandatory units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction (Usually achieved at level 1)
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Set up and operate a circular saw
- Produce setting out details for bench joinery products
- Mark out from setting out details for bench joinery products
- Manufacture bench joinery products.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above including English and maths or equivalent
- Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery
You will be assessed using all of the following methods:
- coursework with knowledge assignments
- City & Guilds e-volve online multiple-choice test
- multiple-choice question papers, covering knowledge outcomes
- practical assignments, covering performance outcomes.
You can progress your learning with Weymouth College from Level 1 through to Level 3. On successful completion of this course you may be eligible to progress to a Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery (Part time only). If you have a work placement and can gain work based evidence you may be able to undertake an NVQ 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weymouth College directly.