Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Level 2 at The CDC
This training is ideal for apprentices looking to take the first steps towards becoming a qualified painter and decorator.
Working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, preparing background surfaces for painting and applying paint by brush and roller.
This qualification is recognised by industry and would enable the individual to work on domestic or commercial jobs, preparing background surfaces for painting and applying paint by brush and roller, and hanging standard wall coverings.
They allow learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career as a painter and decorator. They cover a range of mandatory and optional units which include the following;
- Health and Safety
- Knowledge of Technical Information
- Knowledge of Construction Technology
- Erect and Dismantle Access Equipment
- Prepare Surfaces for Decoration
- Apply Paint Systems by Brush/Roller
- Apply Standard Paper to Ceiling and Walls
- Produce Specialist Decorative FInishes
- Apply Water Based Paint Systems Using Spray Equipment
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
The qualification is delivered and assessed in the work place. An assessor would visit at regular intervals and provide advice and guidance to support the apprentice to meet the standards required.
The assessment process includes;
Functional Skills supported off the job if required (Maths, English and ICT)
- Monthly assessor visits
- Quarterly reviews with employer and apprentice
- Progress is monitored through an e-portfolio that the employer can also utilise
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.