Creative Media Production (TV and Film) Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma at East Riding College
This course is for anyone who is interested in employment in the media industry or who wishes to progress to study at degree level in a related discipline. The core units provide a broad overview of the media industry while the optional units provide a more in-depth exploration of production techniques. There will also be the possibility of work experience and visits to media centres.
- Pre-production and research techniques
- Working to a brief in the creative media industries
- Understanding the television and film industries
- Film and video editing techniques
- Critical approaches to creative media products
- Understanding video technology
- Single and multi-camera techniques
- Writing for television and video and film studies
- Music video, advertisement and factual programme production
- Interview techniques for creative media broadcasting
- Presentation for broadcasting
- Soundtrack production for the moving image
- Four GCSEs at grade A* to C including English, or equivalent qualifications
- A good standard of written and verbal communication
- Successful interview
- A qualification related to media would be desirable
- An initial assessment
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter.
This qualification gives you access to higher education in the form of a degree or other courses including our related level four higher national certificates, Level Five BTEC Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (fashion, graphic design and interactive media pathways also available), Foundation Degree (FdA) in Applied Digital Media and BA Hons in Contemporary Media, Design and Production.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.