BTEC Applied Science Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Hope Academy
- The one year programme is the equivalent of 1 AS Level.
- The two year programme is the equivalent of 1 A level.
- This is a practical, work related course delivering the skills and knowledge to enable candidates to perform a specialist scientific role in industry, commerce and science related employment.
- It is an assignment based course covering Biology, Chemistry and Physics with emphasis on the work of scientists and technicians.
- The course involves completion of coursework assignments and projects, based on realistic, work-based situations and activities.
In the first year the following units will be covered: Unit
Fundamentals of Science
Working in the Science Industry
Scientific practical Techniques
In the second year the following units will be covered: Unit
Biochemistry and Biomedical Techniques
Chemical Laboratory Techniques
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (C or above) including English and a double award (CC) or above in science.
- Alternatively, OCR National Certificate or BTEC first diploma in Science at Merit Grade.
- Provides the opportunity for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
- The course can lead you to enter laboratory- based employment, or to study for Higher Level qualifications in Applied Sciences
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hope Academy directly.