Physical Education at The Marlborough School
Unit 1: Opportunities for and the effects of leading a healthy and active lifestyle.
- The physiological effects of adopting a healthy lifestyle
- The short-term effect of exercise / performance and the long-term effects of training
- Analysis of movement across a range of sporting actions
- Acquisition of skills and the impact of psychological factors on performance
- Opportunities for physical activity, benefits to the individual and society and the potential barriers faced by minority groups
Unit 2: Analysis and evaluation of physical activity as performed and/or in an adopted role(s).
- Execution of skills / techniques in two roles (performer; official, referee, umpire, judge or leader; coach) in a chosen physical activity
- Analysis of own performance
- Application of theoretical knowledge to achieve effective performance
GCSE PE at Grade B or above preferred. BTEC Sports Studies doesnot prepare you for A Level PE. You must also play a sport for ateam or club out of school
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Marlborough School directly.