A Level Business Studies at Huddersfield New College
Whilst completing this course you will develop an understanding of the internal workings of businesses. Topics include:
- Marketing, including targeting customers
- The workings of markets, which allow businesses to develop effective strategies for growth
- Human resources, which focuses on how businesses develop an effective workforce
- How entrepreneurs create successful businesses
- The importance of finance in terms of setting up and ensuring profitability
- External influences on business performance
- The growth of global businesses
- Developing an effective business strategy
Your lessons will require you to work with other students to apply business theory to a range of up-to-date business case studies. Here you will be required to develop justified business responses to ever- changing business conditions. Across the course you will develop effective communication skills as well as the ability to think logically and analyse.
Across the two years of the course you will receive excellent support from your teachers and be given access to a full-set of learning resources. These too will support you in achieving to the best of your ability.
Grade 5 in GCSE English Language.
General entry criteria will also apply, this is available on our website.
The A Level will be assessed by three written examinations at the end of the second year of the course.
Popular progression routes are often into university, which can lead to careers in accountancy and finance, business professions and statistics. Over the two years you will also develop analytical, numerical and problem solving skills which will support a career within lots of other professions. The course will also enable you to develop a good understanding of current affairs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Huddersfield New College directly.