Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Level 3 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
On this course you will gain the skills and knowledge required to work at a technician's level in the motor vehicle industry. You will study complex engines, chassis, transmissions and frames, and health and safety within the workplace.
- Health and safety
- Workshop practice
- Advanced diagnostics on systems including vehicle electrics/electronics
- Engine management and transmissions
- Petrol and diesel
- Engines ignition systems.
- GCSE English and maths with at least 4 points (grade C) or equivalent
- A Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
You will complete a portfolio of evidence covering workshop tasks and related online exams and phase tests for each topic you study as well as four 1,200 word assignments. You will also be expected to have completed maths and English at grade C or above or Functional Skills Level 2. Those students who are 16-18 and have completed Functional Skills Level 2 will be expected to continue to work towards GCSE grade C or above in both English and maths.
What can I go on to study?
- Work-based study such as an NVQ or Higher Apprenticeship (in a related area)
- University-level courses in a related subject
- Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians
- Vehicle body builders and repairers
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.