Football Academy at Stanford & Corringham Sixth Form Centre
The football coaching programme offers highly talented male football players the opportunity to continue with post-16 full-time education while receiving coaching from professional FA qualified football coaches. Students will train with a highly talented squad and strive to reach the highest level possible in either professional or semi-professional football.
Students will be expected to follow one of the following routes;
• A Level Physical Education + 2 other A Levels, or
• BTEC National Diploma Level 3 in Sport & Exercise Science
PLEASE NOTE: This course could run over the 3 schools. Details of where this course will run in September will be available at a later date.
Each player will:
• Train on a daily basis.
• Work on various technical or tactical situations.
• Have a specific training programme designed to ensure their fitness levels are improved and maintained.
• Take part in various video analysis sessions to improve their tactical knowledge of the game.
• Take the FA Level 1 coaching and some may be selected to take Level 2.
• Play in a variety of competitive leagues to include the Football Conference League, British Colleges Football League and Essex Colleges League.
• Have the opportunity to play in cup competitions that include, ECFA Cup and the Essex County Cup.
• Have full use of the weight training facilities and have their own personalised programme written by a fitness training coach.
Additional Qualifications & Work Experience:
Students will be placed onto the FA level 1 course and subsequent to passing this they may be placed onto the FA Level 2 in football coaching. Also available is a Referee’s qualification which will aid in the learning experience.
Students will have the opportunity to do their work experience coaching football sessions in local schools.
The Football Academy links primarily with East Thurrock United FC. However, there are strong links with many professional and semi-professional clubs and can offer advice and help with players finding a suitable club. Although players will play for The Stanford & Corringham Sixth Form in midweek fixtures, players are able to play for their chosen club side at the weekend.
The Football Academy is based on performance in trials held early in the year. Entry is limited each year and the quality of play is understandably high. Entry onto any of the academic programmes does not automatically entitle a student to a place within the Football Academy.
£30.00 deposit to cover all text books to be paid on enrolment day. This will be refunded at the end of your course once your books have been returned to the subject teacher.
£5.00 non-refundable payment for an Access Key Fob to access Gable Hall School, Sixth Form and St Clere's School.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.