Sport BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Stafford College
This is a nationally recognised qualification giving students an opportunity to gain a basic Sport, Health & Fitness qualification. A vocationally relevant qualification where you will develop knowledge and understanding of sport, enabling students to progress onto other courses or to prepare learners to enter the workplace.
- Fitness for Sport & Exercise (Externally Assessed)
- Practical Sports Performance (Internally Assessed)
- Carrying out a Sports Related Project (Internally Assessed)
- The Mind & Sports Performance (Internally Assessed)
- The Sport Performer in Action (Internally Assessed)
- Training for Personal Fitness (Internally Assessed)
- Anatomy & Physiology for Sports Performance (Externally Assessed)
- Lifestyle & Wellbeing (Internally Assessed)
- Injury & the Sports Performer (Internally Assessed)
- Designing Exercise Programmes (Internally Assessed)
- Work Experience in Sport (Internally Assessed)
- Running a Sport Event (Internally Assessed)
English & Maths
We are committed to helping students improve their skills in English and maths. Students on a full-time course at College who missed out on GCSE qualifications at grades A-C in these subjects at school will attend additional classes and receive support to enhance their grades. Depending on individual ability, students will work towards GCSE, City & Guilds or Functional Skills awards to ensure that they have the qualifications needed to progress to university or employment.
Four GCSEs at grade D or above including Mathematics or English or a Level 1 Diploma or an NVQ level 1 or equivalent qualification. Students should be committed, motivated and keen to develop the skills to pursue an interesting and stimulating career within the sports & fitness and leisure industry. Mature students welcome.
This is a coursework based qualification – no exams. All students will be assessed in a variety of ways including: Practical assessments, Case studies, Assignments, Written and Oral Questionnaire and End Tests. Students will also be expected to submit a portfolio of evidence. The course is very practical in its nature therefore a willingness to participate in a wide variety of sports is essential.
(Optional kit can be ordered as required)
Total = £115
**course costs are approximate and may be subject to change**
When ordering kit students must try on kit prior to ordering (samples available
Students may be able to receive financial support, please contact Student Services for further information on 01785 275512.
Various opportunities would be available on completion. Career opportunities include:
- Leisure Clubs
- Fitness Centres
- Health Clubs/Farms
- Sports Clubs
- Sports Injury Clinics
- Progression onto the two year BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
- Progression onto the two year BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness
- Progression onto the six month VRQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Working Abroad
If you would like any more information about the college or our courses then write, visit or telephone Student Services on 01785 275468. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unsure about which course to take, we can arrange for you to get the advice you need from a member of our guidance team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stafford College directly.