Nail Services Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at City College Plymouth
This course will develop skills previously learnt within the industry and will require commitment and creativity to undertake such advanced nail techniques. It will provide the advanced techniques required to enhance the look of hands and nails, including creative nail art design, and will give you the necessary skills to prepare you for employment as a nail technician. In order for you to practice nail services you will need to purchase a uniform and a nail kit. Full details will provided at interview.
There are four theory-based units which include:
• health and safety in the salon
• client care and communication
• promotion and sales
• working with colleagues in beauty related industries.
There are six practical-based units which include:
• application and maintenance of nail enhancements (using three different systems)
• airbrush designs for nails
• design and application of nail art techniques
• creation of an image based on a theme within the industry
You will be required to have prior knowledge of the beauty industry, have a creative mind and an eye for detail, and hold a level 2 beauty therapy qualification or equivalent before starting this course.
There will be a combination of exams and assignments.
On successful completion you may progress to a Level 4 Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector Diploma, or a wide range of careers as a nail technician on cruise liners, in nail bars/salons etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.