FUNCTIONAL SKILLS MATHS L2 TRAINING AND EXAM (London) at CCP Graduate School
This course offers an excellent opportunity to gain a City & Guilds qualification in Mathematics which is recognised by colleges and employers. Prior to commencing the course, one of the course team will ask you to complete an initial assessment which will determine the level at which your learning will commence. Start times are available throughout the year.
Level 2 Maths enables an individual to develop skills which are essential for a range of employment opportunities. Completion of Level 2 Functional Skills Maths will also aid entry onto Higher Level qualifications such as HNCs or HNDs.
You will firstly work through an initial assessment to assess your current level of skill. From this we can determine what level you need to start at and which areas you will need to cover in order to gain your qualification.
• Understand and use whole numbers and understand negative numbers in practical contexts
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers using a range of strategies
• Understand and use equivalences between common fractions, decimals and percentages
• Add and subtract decimals up to 2 decimal places
• Solve problems involving ratio, where one number is a multiple of the other
• Use simple formulae expressed in words for 1-or 2-step operations
• Solve problems requiring calculation, with common measures, including money, time,
• length,weight, capacity and temperature
• Convert units of measure in the same system
• Work out areas and perimeters in practical situations
• Construct geometric diagrams, models and shapes
• Extract and interpret information from tables, diagrams, charts, graphs
• Collect and record discrete data and organise and represent information in different ways
• Find mean and range
There are no formal entry requirements, learners may have previously completed Functional Skills Maths at Level 1. Prior to commencing the course, one of the course team will ask you to complete an initial assessment which will determine the level at which your learning will commence.
The exams will be held at our testing centre in London and are run every two weeks and can be scheduled for Weekdays or Weekends with at least two weeks notice.
Can pay via Paypal
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CCP Graduate School directly.