Art & Design AS & A Level at Hove Park School and Sixth Form Centre
A-level Art and Design provides students with opportunities to develop personal responses to ideas, observations, experiences, environments and cultures in practical, critical and contextual forms.
This four-unit specification, two in the first year and two in the second year, requires students to develop their ability to show a range of skills. These include:
- independence of mind in developing their own ideas
- an interest and enthusiasm for art and design
- the experience of working with a range of media, including traditional and new media and technologies
- an awareness of different roles, functions, audiences and consumers of art and design practice.
5A*-C GCSE including art and design GCSE C or above grade.
- Component 1: Personal Investigation
60% of A-level
No time limit
- Component 2: Externally set assignment
Preparatory period + 15 hours supervised time
40% of A-level
This specification lays an appropriate foundation for further study of Art and Design or related subjects in higher education. Careers include interior design, animation, web design, advertising, film, architecture and illustration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hove Park School and Sixth Form Centre directly.