Business & Administration Apprenticeship Level 2 at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentices competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework. Also included must be qualifications
which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
To achieve an Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2, you must complete a minimum of 45 credits in the combined Diploma in Business Administration (L2), functional skills qualifications in English, Maths & ICT at Level 1, Employee Rights and Responsibilities (optional unit) and PLTS.
Mandatory units for the Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration include:
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand employer organisations
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Manager personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- The learner must be in an administrative job role. They are likely to be working as an Administrative Assistant.
- They will carry out administrative tasks at operational level which are routine and they will be directed and supervised.
- Their current role must provide the necessary exposure in the working environment to complete the chosen Level 2 mandatory & optional units.
- The employer would be expected to train and support you in the workplace so you have the experience to be competent in all of the mandatory and chosen optional units.
- You will be assessed in the workplace as well as the college to ensure all the competencies are met.
- The range of methods include portfolio building, professional discussion and direct observations as well as classroom teaching and online tests.
- You will have regular reviews meetings with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
- Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration Other related NVQ such as Team Leading, Management or Customer Service
- Further employment opportunities in current role or alternative job role.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.