Process Manufacturing Intermediate Level Apprenticeship at Wirral Metropolitan College
The Process Manufacturing Industries produce many of life's necessities including soap and toiletries.
This Apprenticeship is designed for Apprentices in these industries who will operate and monitor basic plant and equipment, including pumps, valves, temperature gauges, filtration equipment, tanks and vessels.
This programme is delivered by the Science department and focuses specifically on the science industries.
The Apprentice framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma Processing Industries Operations
- Level 2 Diploma in Process Technology
- Level 1 Functional Skill English
- Level 1 Functional Skill Maths
- Level 1 Functional skill ICT
- Respond to Incidents, Hazardous Conditions and Emergencies Within Processing Industries Environments
- How to Respond to Incidents, Hazardous Conditions and Emergencies Within Processing Industries Environments
- Handover Within Processing Industries Environments
- How to Handover Within Processing Industries Environments
- Work Effectively in a Team Within Processing Industries Environments
- How to Work Effectively in a Team Within Processing Industries Environments
- Identify and Deal with Hazards in the Work Environment Within Processing Industries Environments
- How to Identify and Deal with Hazards in the Work Environment Within Processing Industries Environments
Candidates must have a motivation to succeed, be an effective communicator and have the ability to apply learning in the workplace.
Achievement of GCSEs grades A*-E (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science would be an advantageApprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week.
Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Process Manufacturing
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering
- Advanced Diploma in Manufacturing and Product Design
Apprenticeships are designed for individuals who are in paid employment within the sector and would like to achieve qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.An Intermediate Level Apprenticeship will take between 24 and 30 months to achieve.
If you have already found a job you may be able to convert it into an Apprenticeship. Speak to your employer and discuss the opportunity of you becoming an Apprentice. There is plenty of help and support for you and your employer and they may be eligible for a grant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.