Introduction to Motor Vehicle Technology IMI Entry 3 Diploma at Hull College Group
This Entry 3 introduction to motor vehicle course explores most areas of the motor trade, from light motor vehicle mechanics, to motor cycle’s units, simple body repair and valeting.
This allows students to decide which area of the motor trade they would like to progress to and Hull College caters for all courses at Level 1 allowing students to follow their chosen route.
The course will also be focussed on making you employable and will look at all areas of the motor trade and job roles, there will also be some personal social development units along with English and Maths to help gain you employment.
- Engine mechanical, cooling and lubrication
- Ignition systems and fuel systems
- Motor vehicle and motor cycle inspections
- Principles of Engine Components and Operation
- Transmission, suspension, steering and brakes
- Simple body repair, component fitting and valeting
- Applicants are assessed on an individual basis, taking into account existing academic qualifications and experience.
- An interest in the motor industry is also required.
Learners are expected to provide boots and overalls and basic writing materials.
Details of such will be given at interview.
Natural progression following this course is to IMI Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance (QCF) and Modern Apprenticeship Programmes that are available on a college day release basis for those who find employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.