BTEC Level 3: Engineering at JC6: Hinckley Academy and John Cleveland Sixth Form Centre
BTEC Engineering is a course that is structured to enhance your skills by designing for real-world scenarios and applications. You will be given the opportunity to discover the world of engineering and how it impacts on our world today. This course is also designed to enhance your understanding of engineering practices, applications and working routines within the industry.
Consider Engineering if:
- You like a practical, hands-on approach to learning.
- You enjoy thinking about and understanding the way things are made.
- You prefer to be assessed based on coursework and practically based assignments.
JC6 general entry requirements, including:
- Grade C or above in one or more science subjects.
- Grade 6 or above at GCSE Maths is useful; Grade 5 is essential.
Mostly coursework-based, with one practical examination and one written exam paper.
Engineering works well with any sixth form science, maths or IT course, to prepare you for Engineering courses at University or to apply for competitive higher-level engineering apprenticeships. Its blend of theory and project-based learning means it also combines well with other vocational BTEC courses.
It is a good choice for stduents looking to follow either university or vocational pathways.
Contact Mr Dean, Head of Design: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about this course.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.