Milton Keynes Leadership Academy - Leadership And Coaching Legacy Programme at Milton Keynes College
Are you a sports project leader, coach, volunteer or student with a keen interest in improving your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of sports leadership and sports coaching?
Do you wish to enhance your generic coaching / organisation and management skills as well as further developing your sport specific knowledge and capabilities? Then this course is ideal for you.
This course has been designed in partnership with the local sporting sector and will provide you with a wide and varied skill set relevant to the current sporting sector as well as gaining the experience within the sector, to progress into a job within the sports coaching industry.
Examples of the qualifications covered within this course are:
- Level 2 Diploma in Sports Studies
- Sports Leaders UK Level 2 Community Sports Leaders Award
- Sports Leaders UK Level 2 Community Sports Volunteering Award
- Sports Leaders UK Level 3 Higher Sports Leaders Award
- StreetGames Doorstep Sport Level 2
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport
- First aid
- Safeguarding and protecting children
- How to coach disabled people in sport
- Equity in your coaching
- Behaviour management in sport
- Engaging women and girls in sport and physical activity
- StreetGames Retention of Participants
- StreetGames Volunteer Retention
- StreetGames Mentoring Volunteers
- StreetGames and The Golf Foundation – StreetGolf Activator Workshop
- StreetGames and Rugby Football League – StreetRugby Activator Workshop
- StreetGames Organising and Managing Events
- StreetGames Fundraising and Small Grants
- Sport specific officiating course
- Sport specific event management course
In addition you will study Functional skills or GCSE qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College Programmes.
- 5 GCSEs A-D including English
- Successful completion of Level 1 Preparing for employment in Active Industries
- An excellent reference.
Each individual course has a variety of assessment methods ranging from; presentations, written assignments, group discussions and practical assessments.
All courses are assessed and graded individually but contribute to the overall success of the program. Therefore every assessment counts towards your final achievement. You will be assessed continuously throughout the year.
You can progress to one of the following:
- Employment within the sports industry e.g. sports coaching, sports development or event management
- Apprenticeships in a sports related area
- Level 3 qualifications within sports studies or fitness.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.