Fabrication and Welding Advanced Apprenticeship at North Lindsey College
Apprenticeships are employment-led programmes designed for young people aged 16 -
24. You will have a job where you will earn real wages and combine this with learning technical skills. You will also come to College, usually for one day per week, for off the job training and to learn underpinning knowledge.
To complete this apprenticeship you will need to be employed in one of the following roles: plate work, sheet metal work or general welding work.
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering (Welding and Fabrication) qualification
is made up of the following components:
- Level 3 in Fabrication and Welding
- City & Guilds Technical Certificate in Welding and Fabrication Level 3
- Functional Skills Application of Number Level 2
- Functional Skills Communication Level 2
- Functional Skills Information Technology Level 2
- Functional Skills Working with Others Level 2
- Functional Skills Improving Own Learning and Performance Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
You must achieve all components to receive an Advanced Apprenticeship Award.
- Completion of a Level 2 Technical Certificate or Apprenticeship in Engineering (Welding and Fabrication)
Assessment will be via observation, written tests and assignments. You will be required
to compile evidence for your level portfolio from the workplace.
An assessor from College will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to carry out assessments for your course award.
Your progress on the programme will be reviewed a minimum of every 10-12 weeks. This is normally done in your workplace. Targets will be set that reflect your individual needs. Previous learning, training and experience can be taken into consideration.
On completion of an advanced apprenticeship your career prospects will have significantly improved and you can progress to technical or supervisory positions in the industry. You might also choose to progress to further study with an HND or Foundation Degree.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.