Biology - AS/A-Level at Walthamstow Academy
The Science Department at Walthamstow Academy is committed to ensuring that all students make rapid and sustained progress. The department aim to develop learners who have a thirst for knowledge and the creativity to become the Scientists of tomorrow. Through a continual promotion of scientific careers, educational trips and enrichment opportunities we aim to ensure that a large number of our students are able to pursue careers in Science.
Biology will give you the skills to make connections and associations with all living things around you. Biology literally means the study of life and if that’s not important, what is?
You will study:
1. Biological molecules;
3. Organisms exchange substances with their environment;
4. Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms.
5. Energy transfers in and between organisms;
6. Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments;
7. Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems;
8. The control of gene expression.
Being such a broad topic, you’re bound to find a specific area of interest, plus it opens doors to a fantastic range of interesting careers.
Possiblecareer options from studying Biology at university include medicine, clinical molecular genetics, veterinary science, and marine biology to name but a few.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walthamstow Academy directly.