English Literature A level at Easthampstead Park Community School
This course will enable you to:
● Develop your interest in and enjoyment of literature by reading widely across the three genres of prose, poetry and drama
● Appreciate literature by watching theatre and film versions of texts studied in class
● Gain an understanding of the traditions of literature through time
● Communicate informed responses to a wide variety of texts and time periods
● Make informed opinions and judgements through class discussions and written responses
● Gain an understanding of social, historical and cultural influences on literary texts
● Develop your skills to research texts independently
Paper 1: Love through the Ages - Study of three texts: one poetry anthology,one prose text and one Shakespeare play.
Paper 2: Texts in Shared Contexts - Choice of two options:
● Option 2A: World War 1 and its Aftermath
● Option 2B: Modern Times: Literature from 1945 to the Present Day
Study of three texts: one prose, one poetry and one drama.
Paper 3: Independent Critical Study: Texts across Time.
GCSE Grade C in English Language and Grade C in English Literature.
Paper 1: Written examination : 75 marks - 40% of A Level
Paper 2: Written examination : 75 marks - 40% of A Level - Open book examination
Paper 3: Comparative critical study of two texts chosen by the student and written as a coursework essay - 20%
This course is recognised by top universities in the country and will enable you to follow a wide variety of career paths including careers in law, journalism, television, marketing, teaching and publishing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easthampstead Park Community School directly.