Health and Social Care BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Gloucestershire College
This course gives you the opportunity to further develop your knowledge and understanding in relation to health and social care.
The topics you may study might include:
- Equality, diversity and rights
- Exploring personal and professional development in Health and Social Care
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Health and Safety
- Health Promotion
- Development through the life stages
- Values and Planning in Social Care
- Psychological perspectives for Health and Social Care in health or social care settings.
- You need to have successfully completed five GCSEs, grades A* to C including English language and Maths or to have successfully completed a relevant Level 2 qualification.
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be completed.
You will study a wide range of care related topics whilst undertaking this programme of study. These will be assessed by coursework, which includes projects, assignments, presentations, work placement and practical activities.
You will need to have a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service(DBS) check before you can be accepted onto the course, for which a fee is charged.
You should also be prepared to attend work placements throughout the year.
You will be required to buy a tunic to wear during your placement.
There are one and two year routes with this qualification. At the end of one year you may either progress to Year 2 or onto employment in care.
Successful completion of Year 2 may give you the required UCAS points for progression onto university or allow you to gain employment in a care setting.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.