Early Years Education and Care - Level 2 Certificate Introduction at Yorkshire Coast College
This course introduces you into the childcare industry and will provide you with the necessary skills to gain employment.
The CACHE Level 2 Certificate - Introduction to Early Years Education and Care is a qualification that prepares you to work in a supervised capacity, with children and their families in a variety of settings and environments within the sector of Children's Services.
The course will cover the following units
- Support physical care routines for children
- An introduction to the role of the early years
- Understand how to work in partnership
- Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Use legislation relating to the health and safety of children
- Use legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child
- Supporting children's play
- Support children's play in early years
- Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
- Supporting children's development
- Use observation, assessment and planning
- Support children's positive behaviour
- Engage in professional development
You will need at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above, a Level 1 Diploma Introduction to Health, Social Care & Children and Young People, or another Level 1 course.
After successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate Introduction to Early Years Education and Care you can then choose to progress on to a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care or enter employment.
For someone looking at a successful career in Childcare, they could find themselves working in nurseries, schools, playgroups, as a Private Childminder or in play-work, which encourages a child’s ability to learn and develop through fun activities.
The demand is really high at the moment for all of the different jobs working with children, no matter what you want to do, there’s never been a better time to apply.
The local average wage on entry in to a career in Childcare - depend on qualification – is £10,000 - £16,000.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Yorkshire Coast College directly.