Public services - BTEC Diploma in Public Services level 1 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
If you would like to pursue a career in the emergency services, armed forces or government services, such as the police force, HM Prison Service or British Army, then this is the course for you.
The course will prepare you with the knowledge and physical requirements of the public services.
The main units of study include:
- Public services careers,
- Improving health and fitness for entry into the public services,
- Wellbeing and fitness for public services,
- Personal skills for the public services,
- Practical teamwork in the public services,
- Developing personal skills for leadership,
- Map reading using ordinance survey maps,
- Introduction to expedition skills,
- Self-management skills.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English at grade 2 and maths at grade 1 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 2 or above.
There are no formal exams. You will be assessed to nationally set standards throughout the year through various activities, such as discussions, presentations, written assessments, practical demonstrations, fitness tests and group activities.
BTEC Diploma in Public Services level 2.
Contact the college, tel: 01484 437070 or email: email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.